Sunday, August 8, 2010

New Coupon Policy

So, I still haven't gotten back into posting the weekly deals for this blog, and I'm so sorry for that.  I would like to get back into it, but truthfully, Coborn's doesn't excite me most weeks ,so it's difficult to get jazzed to write each week's post.

At any rate, there are some fairly good deals this week so I hope to get up a post about that soon.

Today I noticed a new sign near the entrance of the Albertville Coborn's store today.  I'm not sure of this is at all Coborn's stores, but there was a printed sign by where they have the weekly flyer displayed & other coupons/rebates/offer forms that you can take.  It basically said that they welcome manufacturer's coupons, including internet-printable coupons, but they had two new rules:
  1. They will no longer accept internet-printed coupons for completely free items.  I can't recall if there have been any of these issued in the past few months, but I would imagine these are pretty rare.  However, I know that sometimes when you get a coupon for a free item in the mail (I'm thinking of the Digorno pizza coupon that was out recently), they look like internet coupons.  Will these not be accepted?
  2. They will not accept coupons that are over half of the value of the item.  I am going to have to double check this one, as I couldn't wrap my head around it in the store.  So, are they saying that if it's a $5 item, you cannot use a coupon that's over $2.50?  I suppose that makes sense, but what if an item is on sale for $1 and you have a $1 off coupon because it is a great sale?  Is it based on the regular, retail price?  I will try & check more into this and see if I can get more clarification.
I recently found this post from February 2010, which includes some of the Coborn's coupon policies as discussed with corporate management.  You may find it interesting, although it appears that parts of it are outdated due to the new policies listed above.

Let me know if you run into any new issues while you are shopping at Coborn's & using coupons!


3 comments:

  1. I have heard a lot of stores across the country going to the no free internet coupon policy, and the ones you get from some companies in the mail, like when you sign up through Facebook would probably count as they can't tell whether it was mailed or printed by us. Although like you said, those are pretty rare - would be interesting if they are including a B1G1 coupon like Tornados had on their FB page a while back.

    I would be interested in finding out what they mean by the half price thing as well - if it is sale price, they would loose a lot of business from me.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I asked at CS about this sign (it was posted at Foley too).
    It did state you can still use a B1G1 internet coupon so that is good to go.

    I asked about, say an item that regular price is $3 and is on sale for $1.50 and if I had a $1/1 coupon could I still use it. The lady didn't know for sure, but she said the system "should" take it. Who wants to be the first one to try that?

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, thank you for your comments! I'm glad the B1G1F coupons will still work. I'll be sure to post if I try & use a coupon over half of the value on a sale price. I appreciate you taking the time to comment-and stick around this blog!

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments!